2 Scoops of Kindergarten

Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016 - Ready or not...

2016 Here we come! Well, am I ready to go back? I realllllly enjoyed my time off! Soooo...no not quite ready! Just went in and reorganized my room and yes got a little excited about what is in store for the upcoming year!

So what's new? What am I getting ready for? First, the month of January is BIG on Martin Luther King, Jr. I created this new MLK Rebus story & writing activity!
We read a lot of books, like  Martin's Big Words - here it is on you tube. CLICK HERE.

One of the wonderful things about kinders is they accept everyone for themselves - they really don't think about color, religion, age....(they think I am 25 - another reason to love kinders) 
So really they are amazed at listening to stories about MLK jr. but what a message of peace and equality to teach about! I was very surprised how they discussed this important topic.



Brain pop also has a free video on MLK, jr. You can click here!






This really gave way to a lot of discussions. So this year, I created this rebus book to go along with our 


MLK, jr. week of activities! There is a short rebus story and also a writing activity that goes along with this. My students love using the pictures to tell a story.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the best article which simply explains about the need to be kind among others in this world. Right now,a s there has been more number of terrorism, fights and all has been taken place all over the world, we could see more umber of peace related essays and articles are being revolving all around the world through so many online essay writing sites and custom research paper writing sites the students are getting their essays to be completed. But, this is really awesome which simply explains about the need of peaceful life in this world.

    ReplyDelete